common_reconstruction.jpg
The map on the left is a reconstruction of the common that was shared between Rumburgh and Wissett. It was made from the following modern map (1946). The clue to its boundaries are ditches some of which form part of the parish boundary and the named farms aligned to the west and east of the roads to which they are joined by private tracks.

HF= Home Farm; BF= Banks Farm; WF= Whitehouse Farm; RF= Redhouse Farm; HF= Hor's Farm; RpF= Rumburgh Place Farm; lH= Lodge Farm; RhF= Red House Farm; LF= Low Farm












rumburgh_common.jpg
Yellow lines are parish boundaries

Seven views of the common taken Oct 2003.
10230001red.jpg


10230003red.jpg

10230004red.jpg

10230005red.jpg

10230006red.jpg

10230007red.jpg

10230008red.jpg